Committees of the Board
The Board has created three committees to oversee the Corporation’s activities:
President: Jacques Parent
The Process and Terms Committee (Committee) of the Quebec Drug Insurance Pooling Corporation (Corporation) is made up of at least three (3) directors with at least one from each category, namely “related or not related to the prescription drug insurance industry in Quebec”.
The Process and Terms Committee recommends to the Board of Directors (Board) the annual review of the Terms and Conditions of Pooling in compliance with the Quebec Drug Insurance Act and in a fair and equitable manner between the Participants and the government plan. It ensures the application of the Terms during the compensation process.
To achieve these objectives, the Committee participates in
- The establishment of the Terms and Conditions and their revision:
- Reviews assumptions and actuarial studies;
- Receives the advisory pharmacist’s annual monitoring report;
- Participates in and provides guidance for the annual drafting of a consultation document for the Pooling Participants;
- Holds an information session for Pooling Participants;
- Recommend the Terms to the Board annually;
- Obtains from general management an evaluation report of certain consultants (actuaries, expert actuary and pharmacist);
- Makes recommendations to the Board annually regarding the renewal of service agreements; and
- Reviews the documents sent to the Minister of Health and makes recommendations to the Board.
- The supervision of the Compensation process:
- Reviews annually the compensation rules and the certificate of compliance;
- Ensures the smooth running of the process;
- Establishes the mandate of the consultant for the actuarial analysis of the results of the pooling process and reviews the results;
- Issues recommendations for the audit of Participants;
- Obtain from general management an evaluation report of the Compensation Manager; and
- Makes recommendations to the Board annually in connection with the renewal of the agreement with the Compensation Manager.
- The following other activities
- Ensures the correct communication of parameters and the accuracy of the related QDIPCinfos;
- Ensures monitoring of risk management relating to the Process and the Terms;
- Reviews periodically the following documents:
- New Participant Policy
- Policy for correcting data or calculation errors following the closure of a compensation Process;
- Assist general management in the interpretation of rules, prior approvals and, where applicable, the management of complaints; and
- Any other task entrusted by the Board of Directors.